Browse the headings below to find available training materials.
Since 1995, the Mine Safety and Training Program (MSTP) has been developing new, innovative and national MSHA award-winning, mine health and safety training tools for the mining community. These training aids are intended to provide effective, consistent and up-to-date mine health and safety information for individual or classroom training settings. These tools are conceived and developed through a partnership with mine safety professionals from the Colorado Stone, Sand &, Gravel Association, International Society of Mine Safety Professionals, Colorado Mining Association and individual mine safety consultants and employees.
- Electrical Study Guide (download interactive video)
- Underground Mine Foreman Study Guide (download interactive video)
Interactive Study guides must be downloaded and unzipped. When prompted, choose "Save As" and save the file to your preferred location. Once you have downloaded and saved the file, double click on it to unzip it. Then open the folder and double click on "Task.exe" to start the video.
Please note that the Interactive Study guides will take a few minutes to initialize and download, depending on your available bandwidth, and it might look like your computer has locked up.
A Part 46/48 Training Game using 30 CFR Part 56/57 Regulations. Complete with instructions and a printable scoresheet.
All nine files (A through I) must be downloaded and unzipped into the same folder in order to work. View the readme file (game instructions) in pdf format before downloading game files.
- DRMS-MSTP Training Videos Brochure (pdf)
- Holmes Safety Bulletins--A great source of information, check out all of the past issues for toolbox talk materials!!
- CFR 30 Part 48.28--MSHA Surface Annual Refresher -- Learning Objectives (pdf)
- MSHA Training Materials
- Michigan Technological University
- Vermont Safety Information Resources
- Safety Equipment
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement - Blaster's Training Modules