Since its inception, the Coal Program has issued 69 permits for coal mining operations. Of those:
- Six sites are producing coal, four are underground mines, two are surface mines.
- Three sites are active but currently not producing coal.
- There are two active loadout sites and one loadout in temporary cessation.
- Ten sites are being reclaimed or have been reclaimed and are awaiting bond release.
- Twenty-nine sites have been reclaimed and the bond has been released.
- Two sites are in temporary cessation.
- Sixteen permits have been revoked and the sites have been reclaimed by the Division. DRMS jurisdiction has been terminated on twelve of those sites.