The Minerals Program has initiated the process to conduct formal rulemaking to revise the Mineral Rules and Regulations of the Colorado Mined Land Reclamation Board for Hard Rock, Metal, and Designated Mining Operations. The proposed rulemaking is pursuant to CRS 34-32-108 of the Colorado Mined Land Reclamation Act to address the requirements of HB19-1113 for perpetual water treatment, certain annual water quality reporting and the elimination of self-bonding. Additionally, the Division will be redrafting Rules and Regulations related to temporary cessation (TC) to address inconsistencies and ambiguities and create a clearer administrative process for regulation of TC.
If you have questions or need additional information, contact Russ Means (email@example.com - 303-866-3567 x 8150).
Anticipated Timeline --All dates are TENTATIVE and Subject to change
- December 11, 2020 - Redline Version to Stakeholders (completed)
- January 5 ~ 20, 2021 - Small Informal Stakeholder meetings (completed)
- January 7 and 26, 2021 - Main Informal Stakeholders meetings (completed)
- February 2021 - staff available for small informal stakeholder meetings (completed)
- February 18, 2021 - Deadline for Comments on proposed rules and alternative proposed rules. (completed)
- February 25, 2021 - Informal Stakeholders meeting (completed)
- Date TBD - DRMS revisions to 12/11 draft rules
- Date TBD - DRMS release of final Redlines to Informal Stakeholders
- Date TBD - Informal Stakeholders Meeting
- Date TBD - Formal Stakeholders Process meetings
- Date TBD - Rulemaking
Please note that dates are tentative and will be updated throughout the rulemaking process.
- December 11, 2020 Rulemaking Notice
- Proposed Rules Redline/Strikeout
- Proposed Statement of Basis, Purpose, and Statutory Authority (to be released at a later date)
- Mineral Rules and Regulations of the Colorado Mined Land Reclamation Board for Hard Rock, Metal, and Designated Mining Operations (current version effective July 15, 2019)
- Submitted Comments from Stakeholders